Orchestra families, please click here for more information about our Bandimere Fundraiser that we are participating in on July 20th-22nd.
Thank you to everyone who attended our family information meeting on Tuesday, May 8th. If you did not attend but are still interested in the DRHS marching band, please email Mr. Ford at Dylan.Ford@jeffco.k12.co.us
Commitment forms and deposit are due June 9th in order to reserve your spot in our 2018 ensemble!
The season calendar has been updated on our “Digital Calendar” page as well as PDF files uploaded on our “Downloadable Calendars” page, found under the “Calendar” tab above.
Please find all relevant information about DRHS marching band on the Marching Band Homepage under the “Students” tab.
The 2018 graduation ceremony is May 18, 2018. All 9th-11th grade band, orchestra, and percussion students will perform at the ceremony. Please find the itinerary for this event on the “Itinerary” page under the “Calendar” tab above.
Current Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, as well as incoming 8th graders from Middle School, are currently preparing to register for the 2018-2019 school year. Please click here to view the 2018-2019 DRHS Course Planning Guide. The instrumental music courses offered next year start on page 31.
Here is an overview of what is offered in instrumental music next year at DRHS:
- Symphonic Band – All wind students (woodwind, brass) should enroll in this course for both semesters (full year). It is course # 05102G05036 for the Fall semester and course # 05102G05046 for the spring semester.
- String Orchestra – This is our intermediate level orchestra. There is no audition necessary. Orchestra students who do not play a successful audition for Mr. Ford should enroll in this course for both semesters (full year). It is course # 05104G05034 for the Fall semester and course # 05104G05044 for the spring semester.
- Chamber Orchestra (new in 2018-2019!) – This is our advanced level orchestra. Students must audition for Mr. Ford (in March) to be considered. Students should enroll in this course for both semesters (full year), and students who do not successfully audition into the Chamber Orchestra should enroll in the String Orchestra. It is course # 05104E05034 for the Fall semester and course # 05104E05044 for the spring semester.
- Instrumental Ensemble – Percussion Class – All percussion students should enroll in this course for both semesters (full year). It is course # 05106G05012 for the Fall semester and course # 05106G05022 for the spring semester.
- Jazz Band – This class is for saxophones, trombones, trumpets, piano, guitar, bass, and drumset/percussion. Students must be enrolled in a concert ensemble (band, orchestra, percussion class) in addition to jazz band. Prior experience in jazz is recommended, but no required. Students need to talk with Mr. Ford before signing up for this ensemble. It is course # 05105G05014 for the Fall semester and course # 05105G05024 for the spring semester.
- Color Guard Class – This class is for color guard students (flag, sabre, rifle, dance). Color guard members in the fall marching band should enroll in the fall semester class (course # 05103G05012) and color guard members in the winter guard should enroll in the spring semester class (course # 05103G05022).
- Marching Band – There is no class for the full marching band, as we rehearse after school and on weekends. However, students need to remember that in order to participate in the marching band, they must be enrolled in a concert ensemble (symphonic band, orchestra, percussion class). Please remember that there will be a mandatory parent meeting for any families considering marching band on Tuesday, May 8th at 7:00PM in the DRHS Auditorium.
Questions about which course(s) you should be enrolled? Please email Mr. Ford at Dylan.Ford@jeffco.k12.co.us!
Thank you to the families who attended the DRHS information night on Thursday, January 11th. If you were unable to attend, please click here for the DRHS Instrumental Music Program Flyer
Please find a link to our brand new Dakota Ridge Instrumental Music Boosters (DRIMB) Google Website under the “Boosters” tab above. This website will have more specific information regarding the DRIMB organization!